1. How does cancer affect my nutrition?
Nutrition plays an important role in the treatment of cancer. In fact, you can promote your well-being by eating well. Something as simple as a balance meal can help to replenish lost nutrients and strengthen defense. Those who eat well during cancer treatment maintain their strength better, are more active, and are better able to fend off infections.
2. What should I expect in nutritional changes when I start treatment?
Eat a few small snacks throughout the day that are high in protein. Plant based foods give you a boost in your nutrition. It is also important to have at least 2 ½ cups of fruits and vegetables a day. Try different foods, something’s you may not have liked may taste good to you during treatment. Be sure to check out our nutritional products and cooking guides here.
3. What types of foods should I be eating during treatment?
4. What types of food should I avoid during treatment?
5. Will exercise help me maintain my nutrition during treatment?
YES! Physical activity has many benefits that can help strengthen your stamina, muscles, and bones. It also is great for relieving anxiety, stress, and nausea. Talk to your doctor about how much physical activity you should get each week.
6. Should my nutrition plan change after treatment?
Here are some healthy tips on maintain healthy nutrition after your treatment:
7. What types of foods should I eat if I do not feel well?
8. What types of food should I avoid when I do not feel well?