The Image Recovery Centers are seeking a full-time or Part-time Clinical Cosmetologist. Our patients are visiting our clinics under stressful circumstances and require specialized cosmetic care. They expect to leave feeling renewed and restored and looking similar to how they looked before treatment, or better. We expect you to have expert cosmetology skills coupled with the ability to educate the patients on how to leave with a full working knowledge on how to recreate the look you provide at home themselves. It takes a special person to want to work in a hospital setting and who can handle the sensitivity required with patient’s needs, you must be willing to go above and beyond for every patient.
Your day might include:
· Fully serving the patients wig needs, including: Cut, Style, sizing, and maintenance education
·Analyzing and assessing hair prior to services and expertly documenting it in patients charts and forms
· Hair removal to scalp prior to treatment
· Shampooing and scalp massage
· Styling, cutting, blow drying, trimming, and tapering hair to achieve desired style
· Evaluating patients’ needs and wants and making educated suggestions on style
· Educating on maintenance of their look and recommending products
· Performing hair removal using wax, clippers (For men), or tweezers
· Performing therapeutic manicures and pedicures
· Maintaining a hospital grade upkeep on instruments and salon tools
This position works directly with patients who are dealing with life threatening issues and requires a special type of person who can be sensitive to their needs, sympathetic to their emotions, and enjoys making people feel better about themselves. Because we focus on image related issues this position requires a clean, neat, and attractive appearance. There are many hair and appearance limitations that will coincide with the ideal candidate to promote a healthy center environment.
You will need:
· Cosmetology License from the State of Maryland
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience
· A meticulous attention to detail
· Experience working with Patients or the elderly is a plus
· Have your own transportation
· Willing to travel to 3 locations regularly
Email your resume to Marianne Kelly to apply today!